2/3/10

Puppies and Potties

My parent's dog, Lola, has been living with us since December as they purchased a new home in Indy and are settling in.  Poor Lola has been subjected to Harrison's pulling, tugging and general playfulness, but she has been a trooper.  The other day I found him stacking cups on her head, while she just laid there.  I think she was actually falling asleep despite his "lovin" as we call it!

Poor Lola
Leaning in for some puppy smooches
Maybe she's just playing "dead"


So call us naive, but Brian and I bought Harrison a potty.  While we are not completely ignorant, we thought it would be a good idea to start exposing him to the potty and if he potty trains early, we will consider ourselves lucky.  He doesn't show ANY of the readiness cues, but knowing that little boys take longer to train than girls, I thought we would take our chances on introducing it a little early.  Sometimes the smell of his dirty diapers makes me gag, so if I can shorten the time he poops his pants, I will try it!

Harrison--meet potty! (He has his diaper on. No way I would let him chill 
de-panted on my rug!)
And this is what he thought of his new froggy friend



No comments: