5/9/08

20 weeks and halfway done!

I'm just back from the good ol doctor's office and all went well. It's crazy how much time you spend in the office at the very first prenatal visit. I think I was there over an hour 12 weeks ago. Now I go in, get weighed (which their scale is WAY off!!) listen to Baby Luds' heartrate, talk briefly with my doctor and...done. The baby's heartrate today was 162 and I am now up 4 pounds. I am relieved that I gained some weight, but I definitely don't like seeing those bigger numbers. :) But I still just have, as I refer to it, a "fluffy" belly. It looks like I drank one too many beers!

Monday is the big day. We are so anxious to find out what exactly we are growing. I will be sure to post as soon as I can to let everyone know. My gut still tells me girl, but I have been having crazy dreams about baby boys. My mind is playing tricks on me. Thankfully I am working this weekend, so I will have something to keep me busy. Plus I will need all the cash I can get because I foresee a shopping extravaganza in the very near future!

It's hard to believe that we are already halfway through with this pregnancy. Time seems to fly by. The beginning was rough with all the sickness and fatigue. I have told Brian on more than one occasion that one baby would be it! I just couldn't imagine being pregnant again. Now that I feel somewhat "normal" again, things are great...being pregnant is not too shabby. However, I am sure once the summer heat hits and I'm huge, I may change my mind again!

Brian and I posed for a couple pictures yesterday to mark our 20th week of pregnancy. I am trying to keep a weekly log of belly growth (or fluff). We thought we would have a contest to see whose belly was bigger. What do you think?


Check back on Monday...Baby Luds' gender will be revealed!

1 comment:

The Miller family said...

You look adorable! A boy! How exciting! Heard that you might be moving back to Indy...Jamie is happy to have another Hawkeye in town! :)