4/17/08

A flutter feels more like a FISH!!


Today marks our 17th week of pregnancy, and it seems to be flying by. This week baby is measuring the same size of an onion. Could this be why I cry so much? :) Kidding! Baby has his or her own set of unique fingerprints and is now starting to develop a fatty layer. Good thing all my junk food is going toward a good cause!

Monday night, Brian and I were laying on the couch and I felt the strangest feeling. At first, I thought it was just some "after dinner bubbles", but to my surprise, they continued. I had heard that Baby Luds' first movements would feel like a flutter or popcorn popping, but this was no flutter! The best I can describe it is that it feels like baby is a fish and keeps running into the side of the bowl (errr my uterus!) By far, it the most amazing feeling I have ever felt, but it's so strange. I cannot wait until Brian can feel this from the outside. I know he will be overjoyed!

Brian, that lucky guy, is in Orlando for the remainder of the week and weekend. I keep kicking myself that I did not go on this trip! I will be working the next 3 nights, instead. The weather is FINALLY starting to perk up here in Madison. I think the high today will be in the 60s. Time to start planting and do some spring cleaning!

That's all for now!

No comments: