5/26/08

Furniture...check!

After finding out that we are expecting a little man, I thought it would be OK to start the whole shopping process! I spent the weekend in Chicago and Indianapolis with my mom and we went crazy! Brian said, after seeing all of the purchases, that our son won't need any more clothes. I was a little disappointed in the lack of selection for boy clothes, but I managed to find a ton of cute things. I loved all the polka dots on the girl clothes, but I think Daddy would say "absolutely not" to any polka dots. So Mom and I ventured to the land of Babies R Us and we purchased the crib, dresser and armoire. Here is a picture of the crib and armoire:


We have decided that we will do his nursery in navy, lime, white and light blue. I loved the idea of adding a few sailboats here and there, but Brian wasn't too keen, so there isn't real theme to the room, just all boy. I also couldn't wait any longer to buy his bedding so...double check!


Another great adventure Brian and I had was the joy of registering. I thought surely this would be a simple, quick deal, but I was dead wrong. Not only was I completely unaware of all of the little things that we would need, I was oblivious to the fact that all of these things cost a ton of money! We had a great time picking out things for our wishlist and were trying to imagine one day actually using them.

Aside from getting kicked from the inside, life feels relatively normal. I have just now started thinking about the whole "baby's gotta get out" thing. I try really hard not to think about that too often. :) I love feeling him squirm around and I love watching my belly dance with all of his movement. It's something I could've never imagined.

No comments: