6/23/08

Heading into 3rd Trimester...

I cannot believe we are nearing the third trimester...the end is in sight! Not that I haven't thoroughly enjoyed being pregnant and all but come on, it's hard work. You start off feeling crappy, not wanting to eat and end up (where I am now) starving ALL of the time and feeling like a fatty everytime you step foot into the kitchen for just "one more snack." I gave up weighing myself weeks ago, but I know those pounds are piling on! My next appointment isn't until next week, and maybe I will stand backwards on the scale, as to not have any inkling of my weight.
We have some very exciting things happening around here. First up, the progress of Baby Luds' nursery. Brian and I will be packing up the back bedroom and moving it all into storage this weekend with the help of our good friend Muchow. Then, we are off to Babies R Us to pick up the crib set. Although we won't actually be putting his things in their actual place, I think it will make this whole "we're having a baby" thing a little more real. My mom will be spending a few days in Madison in a couple weeks, and we are hoping to clean carpets and repaint. Time is just flying by. Also, up on deck, is my first baby shower. My bestest girlfriends back home are planning a shower for me and Little Luds. It will be great to get together with all my family and friends from back home.
Tomorrow marks the first day of Brian's final year of residency. How exciting for him (and me!) We ventured out downtown this weekend for the senior resident farewell, which turned out to be a great time. Brian planned a bulk of the night's activities and did a wonderful job! It's hard to imagine that next year, he will be the one being honored. We were also able to sneak away for a WHOLE day (those are hard to come by!) and head to Milwaukee for a Brewers game. It was a perfect day, minus the whole being poured on as we were walking out to our cars and the detours on 94 due to WI flooding.
Hope everyone enjoys their week...we will be sure to post again soon. Enjoy the new pics!


!

No comments: