7/7/09

PICU family


Dear PICU peeps,
I am going to try not to be too much of a sap.  Try being the key word. Because I know most of you have blogs and because I know I won't get to see all of you before heading out, I thought I would send out a message on Baby Lud's space.  Thank you thank you thank you for welcoming me into the crew.  I came as a fresh young nurse, scared to make any assessments of my own.  I had a bit of a rough start... well bagging a kid with room air is always a bad idea.  But I feel, now that I am leaving, that I have learned a tremendous amount of info about myself and how to take good care of kiddos.  It is so hard for me to say goodbye to a job and friends that I love.  I will miss late night market runs for sodas and popcorn and trying not to laugh when Sam has CP Jack make her another milkshake.  I will even miss Julia s-s-slurping her slushy loudly.  I will miss talking everyone into ordering Burrito Drive and feeling awful for the rest of night.  I will miss "Chinese here" and Nickel nuggets.  (Apparently I am going to miss food more than you all.... :)) 

I will miss more than anything your friendship.  You were my support system, my second family.  I knew I could call, say for example, Stacie on a Friday night when Brian was out of town to ask if I needed to take Harrison to urgent care because he was wheezing.  I knew I could yell out for help when my trauma was sitting up in bed--intubated.  I knew I could always count on you to back me up.  And I could always count on you for a good laugh, gossip fest or a shoulder to lean on.  I hope I find another ICU that treats me as well as AFCH.  I will always remember the fun times we had.  

Stay sassy!  And stay in touch!
"Why you acting so crraaazy!?"









1 comment:

The Riddles said...

ahhh...it'll be alright! we're sad, too. your PICU family won't forget you!! just hang in there for girls weekend.