7/18/08

30 Weeks...

It was a quick trip to Indy, but what a great time I had. I drove into a wicked thunderstorm (I still think there might have been a tornado) crossing the Illinois/Indiana border. But the weather for my first baby shower was absolutely gorgeous. It was great to see all my family members and catch up. Most of them I hadn't seen since our wedding! Katie, Brit and Jen did a fabulous job of planning. There were a lot of unique touches that made the shower so special. Thanks girls! Love ya! I brought home a boatload of gifts for our little bean. It's amazing how much "stuff" babies require; Brian and I are so thankful for all of gifts we received. We got an assortment of gifts, including those that were handmade. Littlest Ludwig is a spoiled boy already. The other highlight of my trip home was a stop at Long's, which makes the BEST doughnuts on the planet. I won't tell how many of those I ate! Mom and I headed back towards WI on Sunday morning after making a quick pitstop at an old friend's house.
Baby Luds' room is now 90% complete. His drawers are organzied, clothes hung and folded (still with tags on, for all the mothers out there!) a new rug on the floor, curtains hung and pictures up. We made progress! Walking in that room now feels like HIS room. Now we wait for him to come. Mom and I treated ourselves to pedis after our hard work!
I am feeling quite well despite the humid hot weather we've had. All is well on the prego front. My only issue has been my "cankles" that seem to develop after about eh 3 hours of sitting, standing, or doing nothing at all. It's beautiful, let me tell you.
Otherwise, Brian is doing well. He is working a TON, and it's a rare occasion that we actually get to see each other. It's been difficult being apart, but I would rather him be gone now than after Baby Luds arrives. On the upside, he has begun the post-residency job search and at least the end is in sight! Onto the photos...






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute nursery Em!! Looks like you guys are ready to go. You look great:) Take care and enjoy your last few weeks of pregnancy (if that is possible??)
Corinne