3/25/08

Salt and grease!


My weakness in pregnancy is McDonald fries. And really before I became pregnant, I could eat McDonald's at least once a week. So on Easter Sunday, before heading to Dubuque, my wonderful husband, who knows how much I adore these fried things, stopped to pick some up for me. True love? I think so. Surely the weight will come on anytime due to the number of fries I have eaten in the past 2 months!

In other news, Brian and I ventured out last night to look at baby necessities. We have found the travel system (carseat and stroller) that we want, so we decided to spend some time playing with it. Thank God there weren't too many people in the store because the stroller had stumped us. We both couldn't help but laugh, but in the end, we learned how to do anything you ever wanted to do with a stroller and carseat. We did have a great time looking at ALL the things we will need to have before our peanut enters the world. Highchairs, swings, playpens, bottles, cribs... we both were thinking that there is NO way all of these things would fit in our house.

Baby Luds has been receiving many gifts from family and friends. It makes it all seem so real when we get little gifts here and there. We try and imagine our peanut wearing certain outfits and reading his or her new books to them at bedtime. So I originally cleaned out a dresser drawer in the future nursery, but baby's stuff is now on top of the dresser, as well. Brian thinks that we should get a storage tub; I think he needs to clean out one more drawer. We'll see who wins!

We have had many people ask what Baby Luds will be named. Brian and I have our favorite boy name and a couple favorite girl names, but per Dad, these will remain a secret until Baby Luds makes his/her debut. Hopefully, Brian and I will be be able to keep this a secret for the next 5 months. If anyone knows us and secrets, you know we spill the beans easily.

That's it for now. Our next appointment isn't until April 11th...maybe I will have grown a baby bump by then!


No comments: