3/17/08

12.5 weeks


We had our 2nd ultrasound today, and what progress our bean has made! Now measuring 2 1/2 inches long, the bean has 10 fingers and 10 toes and is complete in it's development. For the next 6 months, it will just continue to grow.
It was pretty crazy to see him/her kick it's legs, suck it's hand, and flip around like a jumping bean. Much to my dismay, I felt nothing. Baby Luds had a nice stong heartbeat at 170 bpm. Per Grandma G, this means Baby Luds will be a girl. Brian is still holding out for a boy.
I am anxious to start "feeling" pregnant. With a flat belly and a ravenous appetite, I feel nothing but hungry! I am looking forward to the day when I have a "bump", but I am told that once you have this, it's not so much fun anymore.
Life for us is otherwise normal. Brian was named Chief last week, so we have much to be grateful for. Continue to check in for the latest updates.

No comments: