12/11/11

My Story

Before you look at the picture, listen to my story. 

I seriously debated on writing on such a topic, but due to the lack of knowledge, support, etc... I felt compelled to tell my story. There is nothing to be ashamed of; I did nothing wrong so why not share in hopes that I can help someone else. 

Brian and I were expecting Baby Luds #3 with an estimated due date of July 8th.  We were thrilled that our last baby was on his/her way! Although early in the pregnancy, we had already started making preparations, debating names, planning nurseries... 

I had a routine check-up the day before Thanksgiving that showed a healthy little nugget with a strong little heart at 7 weeks.  This being my 3rd pregnancy, I thought I was in the clear because I had seen the heartbeat.  Little did I know that less than 2 weeks later, our baby would be gone.  I started having some complications a mere 5 days after that ultrasound.  My OB told me based on my symptoms, it was likely that I would miscarry.  And I did 6 days later.  I was 9 weeks pregnant. 

I tell my story not for pity, but to say it happened.  I don't know why women keep infant loss/miscarriages tucked away as secrets.  It's a horrible reality that Brian and I have been dealing with for the last week.  We are unbelievably sad, but are thankful that we have two healthy boys who have kept us focused and busy.  We are blessed.  And while times are tough right now, we know that there is a plan for us and our family.  

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
Our angel baby. Forever in our hearts. 


5 comments:

The Havens Family said...

I love that you wrote about this. You put it into words perfectly. You know that I love you and I am heartbroken for your loss. You have shown so much strength throughout this awful experience. I'm always here for you!

Krista said...

Love you!

The Miller family said...

Oh emily! I am just so sorry for your loss! I am so saddened for you all. I will be thinking of you and praying for you and Brian!

Heidi Ehle said...

I'm so sorry that your family is going through this. :(
I wish I could give you a big hug!!!
We miss you btw....and will be keeping all of you, as well as your angel baby in our prayers.

Kelly said...

You are very brave to write about something so heart breaking! I am sorry to hear about your loss and pray that God gives you and your family comfort.