6/11/10

Packing Up and Heading Out




Lots of news to report in the latest issue of the Ludwig Times.

I got a job!  After staying home with the boys this year, I realized that I really did miss working. Some mommas are meant to be stay-at-home moms. Me... not so much.  I love my sweet babies, but I also love adult conversation and having "me" time, even if that means having "me" time at work.  So I hunted for the perfect job and I actually found it (or so I hope).  I will be working full-time days (in nurse speak that is 3 12 hours days a week) at a Level II NICU at IU Hospital in Indy.  I start July 6th.  Ahh!  I must admit I am a little intimidated.  I mean, I haven't worked in over a year.  And I haven't worked in a NICU in a couple of years.  I'm sure once I get in there with those sweet little preemies, I will feel right at home again.  

So with a new job starting in less than a month, that means I am in full packing mode.  The house is full of boxes (with naked toddlers crawling in them!) It is REALLY hard to pack up your house when there are 4 people living in it.  We found a wonderful townhome on Indy's southside that will work perfectly for us for the one year we plan on renting.  3 bedrooms, a loft, 3 bathrooms and an attached 2 car garage... awesome.  The boys and I are moving June 28th (umm that is 17 days)  Brian is not finished with his fellowship until the end of July. Thankfully I will have my parents' help with the kiddos and my sanity.  

And lastly, Brian is almost finished with his training!  5 years of undergrad (Iowa), 4 years of med school (Iowa), 5 years of residency (Wisconsin) and 1 fellowship year (Alabama) and now at the ripe old age of 33, he will get his first real job (Indiana)! He is pretty psyched and a little nervous, which is to be expected.  He has already been assigned a high school team to cover and hopefully the patients will come running to him.  :) 

Crazy toddler in a box
Crazy toddler in my shoes
And the reason why I have a crazy toddler:
Potty Training!  (He actually has been
quite successful so far!)
Love this one:  he insists on wearing these darn 
boots inside the house- and on the wrong feet.
Two tuckered out boys

2 comments:

The Miller family said...

Look us up when you are back!!! I will have a new baby, but I am sure be ready to be out and about after a few weeks!

Good luck!!!! :) Looks like you have your hands full!

Did Brian seriously have a Wisconsin football shirt on???? That is blasphemy!!!!!

Nicole said...

Wow!!! Lots of exciting stuff happening for you guys! Crazy I'm sure but all good stuff! I hope all the moving goes well, I bet you guys are excited to be back in Indy. the boys are as cute as always, and getting so big. Hooray for Harrison! Potty training is no easy task! Tell Brian hi from us.

Nicole