3/5/10

Announcing...


Brooks Campbell Ludwig
March 4 at 1018 pm
7 pounds 15 ounces
21 inches long

Well our little man didn't want to wait for the C-section scheduled for next Thursday.  He had a different plan, indeed.  All day yesterday I was feeling pretty crummy, but I definitely wasn't having timeable contractions, so I thought it was no biggie.  Towards evening, I started having a few sporadic, but uncomfortable contractions.  I called the on-call doc, who wanted me to head into OB triage just to get checked out.  Brian and I thought that for sure it was nothing, so we headed to the hospital, Harrison in tow! 

After less than two hours of being on the monitors, it became quite apparent that this was the real deal.  The contractions were coming regularly. I was miserable with discomfort. And then there was that whole dilating thing. So off we went to the OR, where our little man made his big debut, bootie first, of course!  

He is absolutely gorgeous and doing wonderfully! In some ways, he looks a lot like Harrison, but I tend to think he looks more like Brian.  I am feeling OK and recuperating from surgery well.  It looks like we will be here at the hospital for a few more days. 

Now on to the pictures! 





Harrison met Brooks briefly yesterday and truly had ZERO interest in him.  He was more interested in the cables and cords in the room, the giant picture windows, and the nurse call light.  We'll see how he does visiting today...







6 comments:

Bindl Fam said...

Congrats again. He is adorable! Oh, and it may be a good thing that Harrison doesn't notice him... then you don't have to worry about the jealousy thing...yet. Jacob was the same way when we brought Evan home.

Ashley, Kyle, and Baby Boy said...

congrats!!!! way to go, mama! send some labor dust my way- please!!!!!

ps- where did you get his monogrammed hat!! ??

Travis said...

Congratulations! He is so beautiful, we are so happy for all of you!

Nicole and Travis

Jen @ In My Free Time said...

Can't wait to see him in real life!!!! He's adorable, friend. Miss you!

Corinne Mattson said...

He is just precious!! It brought tears to my eyes to see that picture of him right after he was born. There really is nothing better than seeing that little guy in person. I am so happy for you guys and hope you are doing well. Harrison will grow to adore him and be so protective!! I never thought Owen cared until I realized how protective he was being in a really silent way!! Take care and enjoy little Brooks! Congrats to all of you!!
Corinne and Fam

The Miller family said...

He is gorgeous! Congratulations to all of you!!!