6/25/09

The End, Finale, Finish Line


So long chiefly duties... we are outta here.  

This past weekend, we celebrated the culmination of Brian's residency.  Senior dinner was Saturday evening.  Each of the graduating residents were talked about and applauded for all their hard work the last 5 years. Here is a pic of our friends, The MacDonald's, who are headed to Seattle for fellowship.  

True to Ortho ways, we went from dinner to drinking at a local bar.  
Cheers!
How I will miss my Madison friend, Amy.  
Quick pic of my parents, who flew in from Seattle, with Brian at dinner.
And one of Brian's parents--this was actually at Ruth's Chris the night before Senior dinner.  It was a VERY good weekend!

In T-3 weeks, we are off to Birmingham. Brian is super pumped to be working with such a great doc down there.  (Did you know Favre just had his shoulder scoped by him?) This move will be very bittersweet for me.  I love Madison.  I love my job in the PICU, where I have made lifelong friends.  I love being able to sit on the lake's edge, eat popcorn and drink a beer.  Madison has become home to me.  And although I know Birmingham and then eventually Indianapolis will be good to us, I will never forgot my Mad-town years.   

1 comment:

Kristen said...

Good luck with your move to Birmingham - you'll only be a half day drive from the beautiful beaches on the gulf! Harrison is going to love the winters down here in the South!